Saturday, January 3, 2009

Moms Just Know

What a wonderful day!  Rain pouring (I LOVE that), lots of "in the house" stuff to do, no company, the whole family home...a rare blessed day indeed.  

Terry was ending his fast today, so I decided that I would make some homemade chicken noodle soup.  It's a favorite of our whole family, especially on a day like today.  Kendra woke up (late!) and meandered downstairs and into the kitchen.  She came back to where I was in the den and was overjoyed that we were having homemade chicken noodle soup.  Our kitchen and den are totally separated~~you can't see from one room into the other~~and the exchange below is what followed:

Kendra (wandering back into the kitchen):  Mom, can I taste the soup?

Me:  No.

Kendra:  Why?

Me:  It isn't quite ready.  It needs about 20 more minutes.

Kendra:  Oh.  Okay.  (silence)

Me:  Kendra?  Are you into the soup?

Kendra:  No.  (silence for about 10 seconds)

Kendra: (giggling this time)  How in the world did you know?

Me:  Moms just know!

Kendra:  But how?

Me:  They have kids and it just happens.

So I send a message to all kids out there.  Moms just know.  They always know.  Don't ever doubt it and don't forget it.